BARN BLOGS /4

30/7/22


BARN BLOGS /4


Hey again guys!


This morning I got up to the yard at 8:45 and went into the sand school where me and two other helpers were tacking up the ponies. Me and the most experienced helper (G) and my friend helper (E) went up onto the yard to clean out D's (a shetland pony) feed buckets, whcih we usually do after the lead rein lessons but since we had half an hour to spare we did them first to get them out the way so after the lead rein we could just turn out ponies and muck stalls.


After half an hour we went to get the four ponies doing the lesson ready (untwist their reins and do up their girths). All the kids arrived and got on their ponies, and we started to lead them around and do trots. Then we did races since it's the beginning of the holidays. They went really well and everyone had fun.


Then it was an older woman's lesson on Zen, so we had time to let the ponies cool off and go onto the yard again, where we mucked some more stalls.


Then we went back to the school to get the woman off Zen and all the other kids on. I had an extra lesson this week so I got on as well, and I was surprisingly on a piebald Cob called Hector. It was a shock since I hadn't ridden Hector in MONTHS since I'm almost too tall for him. We started warming the ponies up with an active walk around the school before changing reins (changing direction) and going into trot. Hector's trot is so small and bouncy compared to Zen (who I usually ride) because he is bigger and has a longer stride. I couldn't help but laugh since I had to go up and down really quickly compared to when I'm on Zen and it's up... down... up... down... up... down. When i was on Hector is was a straight up down up down up down. We had a really good time and he did a really nice and long canter round the corners and up the straight side. Then we did races again and he was really speedy and always stopped when I asked him to. 


Then i said bye to all the helpers and my riding instructor because I'm going on a holiday and won't be here for a week, then we left.


I won't be posting any yard blogs since I'll be away but I'll be back for a hopefully Wednesday evening post.


See you soon,


MTLTH, offline xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BARN BLOGS /1