BARN BLOGS /2

 1/6/2022


BARN BLOGS /2


Hi everyone! I hope your doing well!


Today I was at the barn at 9:30 because there was an Own A Pony morning going on. As a helper, I was there to help. I stood outside the stalls of the girls who were mucking out, before helping them with the horse's water and feed buckets to be cleaned and filled. We went over rules of feeding and then practiced tying up in the correct way. We went up the field and caught in the riding school ponies. I helped the girl lead down Ellie, an older fleabitten grey mare. Ellie is around 25 years old (in horse years) so they are looking for a new riding school ponies so they can retire Ellie. They had a snack on the yard and then brushed and plaited their ponies. When they had done that the helpers tacked up for them and helped them get on. When we got into the sand school they did a walk around for a few minutes before doing a trot around both ways. They then put out the cones and blocks and did some fun races since it is half term. I lead Ellie for the walk up and trot back race and helped hold the ponies while the girls put their brushes on the cones (which is really hard to get the right balance on the tip of the cone!). They then got off and went home, while me and the other helper girl unplaited the ponies and ran up the stirrups, twisted the reins and loosened girths.


Later, at 4:15, I went back for my lesson where we did some walking, trotting, cantering and races. Wilma, the dapple grey pony I was on, was really well behaved. She did some amazing transitions into canter and then we did some really fast races!


Now I am EXHAUSTED and can't wait to go to bed!


I'll see you soon,


MTLTH, offline x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BARN BLOGS /1

BARN BLOGS /4